TRUNK OR TREAT HAS BEEN CANCELED
With the current presence of COVID-19 within the Connection Point family, we would be unloving neighbors if we moved forward with our Trunk or Treat event. So as not to put our community at risk, we are canceling Trunk or Treat on both campuses. For decades we have provided a safe Halloween alternative event to show our community how much we love them. This year, the best we can keep them safe and show them love is by canceling this event.
Your family is invited to come trick-or-treating a few days early at our Trunk or Treat event on Thursday, October 29, from 6:30-8:00pm. There will be costumes, decorations, and of course a ton of candy at this free outdoor event. Part of the Halloween fun is dressing up, so don't forget your costume!
EVENT UPDATE: Due to the current rise in COVID-19 cases in Kansas City, we will no longer have carnival games or prepared food at this event. Thank you for understanding as we work to keep your family safe.
We love our community, and we want you to have fun without worrying about your family's health and safety. Here are the safety measures we are taking at this year's event:
- Moving the event outside to allow for social distancing
- Creating paths for one-way foot traffic
- Disinfecting games after each use
- Requiring all staff and volunteers to wear masks
- Requiring all staff and volunteers to wash/sanitize hands frequently
- Not allowing any staff or volunteers to work the event if they or a family member are Covid positive, are showing any symptoms, or are awaiting test results
- And as always, all of our event staff and volunteers have had a background check
Have any questions? Contact Lizzy Bishop.
- Decorate a trunk and pass out candy
- Be a parking lot attendant
- Donate candy, donate candy, donate candy! You can drop off your candy donations in the baskets located at church entrances.
Please note: A background check for all volunteers is required.