Connection Point Church exists to point people to a connection with Jesus Christ, one another, and God’s purpose for our lives. We are able to do that by being a church of disciples making disciples.
Our Core Beliefs
Connection Point Church is a Southern Baptist Church affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, the Missouri Baptist Convention and the Blue River – Kansas City Baptist Association. We affirm the Bible as the inspired and inerrant Word of God and the only basis for our beliefs. Connection Point accepts the 2000 version of the “Baptist Faith and Message” as our general statement of our faith. Below you will find more information about our core beliefs.
The Bible: We believe the entire Bible, all 66 books of the combined Old and New Testaments, are verbally inspired by God and are inerrant in the original writings. Through the providence of God, the Word of God has been protected and preserved, and is the only infallible and authoritative rule of faith and practice (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
God: We believe that there is only one true, living sovereign, holy, and eternally existent God. He exists in three co-equal persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - each being a distinct person and with a distinct function, but all of one essence and all possessing the same nature, perfection, and attributes. The triune God is the creator and sustainer of all things, the source of all truth, and is worthy of worship, confidence, and obedience (Deuteronomy 6:4-5; Genesis 1:31).
Jesus Christ: We believe that Jesus Christ is God. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, performed many miracles, shed His blood on the cross as a vicarious substitute, was buried, bodily resurrected, ascended to the right hand of the Father, and will return literally, visibly, and personally in glory and power (John 1:1-3, 14; Matthew 1:18-25; Philippians 2:5-9; Colossians 1:15; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8; Acts 1:11).
The Holy Spirit: We believe that the Holy Spirit is God, co-equal and co-existent with the Father and the Son. He is the chief convictor of sin, the chief agent of regeneration and sanctification. The Holy Spirit indwells every believer and empowers every believer to live a godly life (John 14:16-19; John 16:7-15; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Romans 8:9, 11; Titus 3:5).
Mankind: We believe that in the beginning God created mankind in His image, and is not in any sense the product of evolution. Mankind was originally created with the ability to live perfectly for God’s glory (Genesis 1:17, 31).
Sin: We believe that Adam, the first man, sinned by willful disobedience. This act of open rebellion resulted in the fall of all mankind, therefore, all people have sinned and lost their ability to live for the glory of God. Mankind’s fall has incurred both physical and spiritual death on all until there is forgiveness and salvation by the grace of God (Genesis 3:1-24; Romans 3:10-23; 5:12-21; 6:23).
Salvation: We believe the salvation of lost and sinful mankind is a free gift of God’s grace apart from human works, based solely upon Christ’s vicarious and atoning death, effected by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit, and received only through faith in the person and finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross (Ephesians 2:8-10; 2 Corinthians 5:21).
Eternal Security: We believe that since God gives us eternal life through Christ, the believer is secure in that salvation forever. Our salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the efforts of the believer (John 10:29-30; 2 Timothy 1:12; Hebrews 7:25; 1 John 5:11-13).
The Church: We believe that the church is the body of Christ and the family of God. It is made up of saved and baptized believers, who regularly join together on the Lord’s Day for worship, fellowship, and ministry (Matthew 16:18; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; Hebrews 10:25).
Eternity: We believe man was created to exist forever. He will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or in union with God through salvation. To be eternally separated from God is hell. To be eternally with God is heaven. Heaven and hell are places of eternal existence (John 3:16; 2:25; Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:15).
Baptism and Lord's Supper: Jesus instructed His followers to remember His death and resurrection. He gave the church two visible symbols (called “ordinances”) as reminders. These two ordinances are baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Baptism by immersion is an act of obedient identification with Jesus as Lord. It serves as an outward sign of conscious confession of repentance and faith. The Lord’s Supper is an ongoing symbol remembering our Lord’s death, burial, resurrection, and promised return (Matthew 26:26-29; 28:18-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-32).
Our Core Values
1. Worship Passionately – We will engage with God in worship by being prepared and inspired to experience God in ways we never have before, yearning to see God in a new way each time we gather. We will be faithful to attend worship and be fully devoted in how we worship. We will focus on substance, not style.
2. Seek Relentlessly – We will dream big dreams and pray bold prayers. We will have the faith to believe God for the impossible. We will equip members to collectively seek the heart and face of God through prayer and schedule a daily time to meet with God between Sundays.
3. Connect Authentically – We will build relationships as a church family by extending the grace and love we receive daily from God. Each person will be loved and cared for by the church family as they join a Connection Group. And together, we will be equipped to grow spiritually as we strive to reach our maximum potential as followers of Christ.
4. Reach Out Intentionally – We exist primarily for those who aren't here yet. We will be living examples of the love and message of Jesus Christ, engaging with the lost in our community and sharing it daily with others. We will be a multi-generational church that focuses on the missing generation.
5. Disciple Exponentially – We will empower people to make disciples who then make disciples, culminating in the global Church multiplying at an exponential rate and Christ followers living out genuine faith.
6. Give Generously –We will fund the vision to see more lives changed by investing our time, talent, and tithes into this ministry. We will be equipped to be good stewards of all that we have and all that we are. Our people and our church will go above and beyond to give sacrificially to the work of God in our city and around the world.
7. Serve Sacrificially –We will go the extra mile in serving God by giving up our own preferences to reach the missing generation. We will have a commitment to excellence as we reach out and meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of those in our church and community. We will empower leaders by equipping them for their ministry in the church and their mission in the world.