Today Pastor Brian continued our series Restore the Home as we looked at how to have a meaningful marriage. If our marriages are broken, then our homes are broken and the image of God is broken. But if our marriages are healthy, our homes can be healthy and the image of God can shine. As we learned last week, our true enemy is attacking marriages. He lies to cause division between husband and wife. God is a God of oneness. It’s our oneness that shines the glory of who God is and strengthens you and your family.
We must focus in two directions to experience oneness in your marriage:
1. Focus in the direction of Jesus not your spouse.
- Pray in peace (Philippians 4:4-7)
- Dwell on truth (Philippians 4:8)
2. Focus in the direction of connection not your problems.
- Let love cover (1 Peter 4:8)
- Build on strengths (2 Thessalonians 3:3)