We Heard You!
We have listened to feedback from the church congregation and have decided to look for an interim preacher for January-March 2020. This will provide the church with a consistent preacher each Sunday. We hope to have an update on an interim pastor by the annual business meeting later this year.
Dear Connection Point Family,
The Pastor Transition Team is in place in accordance with the Constitution and Bylaws, Article 5, Part 7. According to the bylaws, this team is composed of the Finance Team, Personnel Team, current and incoming Deacon Chairmen, and the staff Lead Team. You can get to know the individuals who make up this group below.
Many members of the transition team were surprised to be called into this task, being unaware that serving in one of these roles would include such a responsibility. Still, the church can trust that God has put the right people into the right positions to serve in this role. Despite this confidence, they will appreciate your prayers.
The primary functions of the Pastor Transition Team are as follows:
- Support the Leadership Team
- Assure the ministries and mission of the church are fulfilled
- Recommend and fill interim positions
- Establish and support the Lead Pastor Search Committee
- Communicate the transition process to the church on a regular basis
- Lead out in guiding the church in prayer
The following are 6 truths to encourage us during the Pastor Transition:
- God will be with Connection Point Church at all times. Hebrews 11:5 – "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you."
- God is in control. Ephesians 1:11 – "God works all things according to the counsel of His will. We need to rest in Him by trusting Him."
- God plans good out of this transition. God has promised that He works all things together for the good of His people (Romans 8:28).
- It’s ok to weep. Our pastor leaving hurts. The Ephesian elders wept at Paul’s goodbye (Acts 20:36-38).
- Ministry must go on. The Great Commission does not say “Go therefore and make disciples – if you have a pastor.” The Great Commission does not include conditions.
- We need to be a unified body. The congregation needs to stay together for support and encouragement. The interim time will bring blessings we don’t even expect.
Please continue to lift up this Pastor Transition Team in prayer on a daily basis as we work to lead our church body through this process to find God’s man to be our Lead Pastor.
Love in Christ,
Rob Jordan, Transition Team Chair
According to the Constitution and Bylaws, this team is composed of the Finance Team, Personnel Team, current and incoming Deacon Chairmen, and the staff Lead Team. You can get to know the individuals who make up this group by clicking on the teams below.